Thursday, October 9, 2008

Fall

I have many favorite fall activities. I like carving pumpkins, making leave piles and jumping in them, making caramel covered apples, making apple pie, decorating the house with Halloween decorations, and trick or treating. I have many things I like about fall but, my favorite is picking pumpkins and making it into a jack lantern.

I pick and carve pumpkins every year with my family. We pick our pumpkins at Mulberry Corns in Chesterland. Only the four kids in my family get pumpkins. We all get pumpkins different shapes and sizes so they are all different. About a week after we get our pumpkins we carve them. As I carve my pumpkin I am always wondering how it will turn out. Normally I draw out different designs for the pumpkin and then choose the one I want to do. Then I cut off the top and get out all the seeds and all the other stuff in the pumpkin. Most of my family thinks that is the worst part but it’s one of my favorites. The hardest part of making a jack lantern is cutting out the mouth, so I usually tell my mom how I want it to look and she cuts it out for me. Once my pumpkins finished I clean it out and get all the stuff that fell in it and throw it away. Then I put a candle in it then light it and see how it looks in the dark. Once I go trick or treating I keep looking back at my house and see how the jack lanterns look from there. I can’t wait to get my pumpkin and carve it this year. I hope my pumpkin is big and round with a crazy stem this year. I can’t wait for all the other fun things about fall either.

1 comment:

Slawinski2008 said...

Great Kendal! Have fun scooping out all that pumpkin brain. (thats what I call all the seeds!) +10